Since 1983, the impact of a unified voice for North Carolina’s children is better lives for millions of kids.
Here are a few highlights of what we’ve accomplished working together as child advocates transforming public policy over the last four decades:
- Cut in half the number of uninsured children in our state, with hundreds of thousands more children getting the care they need each year;
- Halved the child death rate, saving tens of thousands of lives;
- Brought high-quality child care and preschool to thousands of young children each year;
- Removed many toxic environmental hazards from school buildings and child care centers;
- Raised the age of marriage to 16 in our state, with strict limits for 16- and 17-year olds;
- Ended the incarceration of teens in adult jails through a Raise the Age campaign for age-appropriate treatment of juveniles;
- And much more!
How did all these huge impacts for kids happen? Learn more about the public policy changes – read our history here.
Recent Policy Wins: Check out our summary of successful policy changes from the 2021-22 legislative session.